Vitra East River Chair
The East River Chair by Hella Jongerius is a striking, small armchair composed of diverse materials such as wood, metal, leather and fabric. The carefully selected combination of colours and materials does not have a purely aesthetic purpose: the practical leather covers protect the armrests from dirt and wear, and the thicker padding of the seat cushion provides optimum lumbar support.
In 2013, Hella Jongerius and Vitra collaborated on the design of a chair for the North Delegates Lounge at the UN headquarters in New York. The development of the East River Chair was based on this design.
- Seat shell: plastic laminate
- Upholstery: polyurethane foam with fabric cover
- Base: legs in natural oak with steel cross braces powder-coated in ivory or dark oak legs with braces powder-coated in coffee
- Cover: Premium Leather and various fabrics in coordinated colour combinations
- Height: 74 cm / 29.25 inch
- Seat Height: 40 cm / 15.75 inch
- Width: 64 cm / 25.25 inch
- Depth: 71 cm / 28 inch